Honey-Rosemary Roast Lamb with Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans:
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless lamb leg roast
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large red onion – cut into thin wedges
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed if desired
- 2 tbsp. quick cooking tapioca
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Trim fat from meat. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium high heat. Cook meat in hot skillet until browned on all sides. Drain off fat.
- Coat a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place potatoes in the prepared cooker. Add onion; top with green beans. In a small bowl combine tapioca, honey, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour honey mixture over vegetables. Top with meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours or on high heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker; slice meat. Serve meat with vegetables and some of the cooking juices. Makes 5 servings.
Macronutrient breakdown: 33% carbs, 29% fat, 38% protein