A home-style cooked meal can be a treat to yourself when you feel like all your diet consists of is broccoli, chicken, and rice. Use this recipe during your weak moments to stay on track with your health goals. Simple flavors and a hint of heat will pick you up from your midweek slump. The recipe is also paleo friendly and high in protein dense meat. You can add the meatballs to soups, sandwiches, and vegetable filled smorgasbords. If you don’t need all the meatballs for one meal, save them in the sauce for later and reheat when ready.
SERVES: 30 Meatballs PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 40 mins TOTAL TIME: 60 mins
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey 99% Fat Free
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Almond Meal or Flour
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2¾ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Dried Minced Onions
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 cups Spaghetti Sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground meat, eggs, seasonings and Almond Flour until well combined.
- Form meatballs about 1½”- 2″ in diameter.
- Thoroughly cook meatballs in a large frying pan on the stovetop over medium heat for 15-20 mins. Turn and brown on all sides.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce in a slow cooker and set it to medium heat. Add the meatballs. Heat the sauce through and allow the meatballs to simmer in the sauce for 20 minutes.
Serving Size is ~1/3 lb of Turkey Servings per Recipe ~6
Grams per serving
Percent of total calories
Original recipe can be found online at Tastes of Lizzy T’s.