My man, a self-proclaimed NON-vegetarian, requests these “burgers” from time to time. Trust us, they’re so good even your meat eaters will enjoy them!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 C dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C canned whole-kernel yellow corn, drained
- 1/4 C onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine kidney beans and black beans in a large bowl; partially mash with a fork.
- Add breadcrumbs, corn, onion, and egg; stir until well blended.
- Form bean mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Add patties to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until crisp and beginning to brown.
- Add patties to desired bread/bun and top with condiments of choice.**
Approximate macros for 1 patty: 300 calories, 44g carbs, 3g sugar, 9g fat, 15 protein
Macronutrient breakdown: 56% carbs, 25% fat, 19% protein
**These patties are so good that we actually eat them ‘naked’ sometimes. Buns and condiments are totally optional!